Saturday 30 June 2012

PS3Trophies.org - Call of Duty 4 Game Night


PS3Trophies.org celebrates the websites 4th birthday with a Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare event!

It's been a while since I last played this game, but I still have extremely fond memories of it. 30 days of play-time (Jesus...), every challenge completed, all golden guns collected and the maximum level and prestige (Which I believe was 10 back then).

I actually haven't played this game properly since I finished it all those years ago, but I'm still an avid Call of Duty regular so I'm hoping my skills aren't too rusty. Anyway, my group seems about ready to go, so let's do this...

Well, apparently we started a game of Team Deathmatch on Chinatown, but I got kicked and didn't manage to play through it, so, yeah, take 2...

We clearly don't fuck about in this group. We dive straight into a game of HQ on Shipment, renowned for it's completely mental atmosphere and fast-paced action. Ironically enough, the controls feel somewhat sluggish compared to the more modern versions of Call of Duty, but I quickly manage to adapt and go a steady 48-40. I was finding the business end of Kill-MC-Mildred's RPG way too often for my liking, and we ended up losing 85-60, but we definitely got the blood going with that game.

Next up, some Search and Destory on Wetwork. Very linear map, makes it hard to play a game mode like Search and Destroy, especially when you're attacking. Eddy2k8 racks up a nice lobby high scored of 700 points, including 10 kills as our side wins 4-2. I wasn't too shabby with 475, including 3 kills and 5 assists though.

Bit of a gimmick match next with some Knife-only Free-For-All on Killswitch. I managed to get 6 kill streaks on 2 occasions, which I thought was impressive until both Rawra09 and GForce9x pulled Choppers out of nowhere. GForce9x took the spoils being the first to 25 kills, though I led for practically the whole game until his chopper came in and wiped out everyone!

Into some sabotage next, and we get finished off pretty quickly in a game that only lasts a few minutes, despite my teams best efforts to diffuse the bomb.

Back into some more Search and Destroy, this time on Broadcast. Not one of my favourite maps, but still managed to post the lobby high score of 400, along with a tidy 4-0 win. Managed to get a quality double grenade kill at the start of the game, much to the disbelief of mikmakmok and Kill-MC-Hildred, which is always pleasing to see.


Seems like Search and Destroy is the order of the day, as we jump into another round on Creek. Always did enjoy this map, and this time was no exception. Slightly amusing watching Eddy2k8 forget how to defuse a bomb with 15 seconds left, but that amusement was somewhat short lived when I found out it had cost us the round. Proved to be quite costly as we lost 4-3, with Kill-MC-Hildred putting in a 7 kill haul for the winning team.

Another gimmicky match is thrown up next, with some Sniper-only Team Deathmatch. Needless to say, I'm not great at sniping, but we won nonetheless, scoring 75 kills to 49. Rawra09 dominated the leaderboard with 350 points, a whole 80 points ahead of Kill-MC-Mildred who scored 270 on the other side.

More Search and Destroy, on Crash. Seems like were ticking the maps off 1 by 1 at this point. Wooden Spoon award goes to GForce9x, who ends a round by twatting a grenade off the large building occupying bomb stack A, only to watch it come straight at him and explode off his face. Or maybe that should be Kill-MC-Mildred for going 0 kills and 5 deaths? Regardless, we ended up losing 4-2, but I held my own nicely with 400 points including 6 kills. It didn't match Rawra09 though, who went two better with 8 kills to take the lobby. Again.

Changing the pace with some Domination on Downpour, probably my favourite map in the game. Typically, my best scoring game of the night, equipped with my first Chopper kill-streak, ends in a draw, 200-200. All of that just to effectively be exactly where we were before the game started!

After a quick lobby merge, we jump into some Team Deathmatch on Backlot. Manage to knock up a decent score of 28-12, but couldn't drive us to victory as A_Rabid_Pigeon goes 4 better and notches up 32 kills for his team. We actually end up falling considerably short of the other team, which is disappointing from a personal performance point of view, but anyway, onwards!

Ending the night with Domination, where we easily cruise to victory. Notable mention for Brrnout, who rises above everyone to post a very decent 38-17, and top the lobby leaderboard. Nice to end on a winning note though!

Really successful game night, and I'm glad I had an excellent reason to go back to such a ground-breaking game with this event. Happy Birthday, PS3trophies.org, an excellent site with excellent people, and long may the years roll on!

No comments:

Post a Comment